Outdoor learning is integral to our whole school curriculum.
During 2018-2019 our KS2 children are walking Hadrian’s wall, from Bowness-on-Solway to Wallsend as a core part of their learning. Our younger children are taking part in some of the walk and are attending Forest School to enhance their understanding of the natural world.
We are working closely with Cumbria Outdoors and with The Learning Forest to deliver these exciting learning opportunities.
By William (Year 5)
This year we are walking Hadrian’s wall, we have walked 28.8 miles so far.
- Connor Little likes : rolling down hills and playing .
- Scott Threlkeld likes : looking at the wall and eating packed lunches.
- William Shilcock likes: playing Celts v Romans and looking at parts of the wall.
- Elizabeth Burns likes: having fun with her friends.
- Niamh Gorton likes: being blown over and having leaf fights!
- David Van Wyk likes: walking.
- Caitlin Graham likes: being outdoors.
- Charlie likes: being with Coaly the black Labrador.
- Charlotte likes: all of the wall.
We all like it because ...
- Maggie - We have lots of games and I like the tyre swing.
- Jessica - There are lots of things to learn and Mrs Armstrong is a good forest school teacher.
- Lily - I like roasting marshmallows.
- Poppy - It's lots of fun!
- Oliver - I get to climb in the tree and we play games where we can run around. We also play hide and seek in the trees and Mrs Armstrong is a very good teacher.
- Mikey - I liked everything.
- Jamie - I like fishing with the nets.